Puppy Wellness Standard of Care
“Keep the teeth clean, keep the weight down”
- Exam every 3-4 weeks until 6 months
- Three intestinal parasite screens by 6 months of age
- Three Distemper/Parvo vaccines every 3 weeks
- One year Rabies at 16 weeks of age
- Bordetella / Influenza Vaccines
- Two Lyme / lepto vaccines 3-4 weeks apart
- Year-round heartworm/flea/tick protection
- Baseline mini panel before 6 months of age
- Laser spay/neuter at 6 months of age
- Dental exam for retained puppy teeth at 6 months
- Diet adjustment after neuter: measure amount & feed 20-30% less
- Switch to adult dog food by 1 year of age.
Fear Free Visit
We all know and understand how scary it can be to go to the veterinarian’s office. For this reason, our entire staff is dedicated to ensuring that your visit is a smooth one!
We approach each pet the way that they need to be handled. If they are afraid of other animals, we will get you right into a room. If your animal is scared, we will talk to him or her in a calming manner. We will try to make friends before even starting the examination. We will go slowly during the exam so that we don’t startle your pet. If your pet has special needs, please let us know how we can accommodate his or her needs to make the visit as pleasant as possible.