Home care for diarrhea in a stable patient:
- Withhold food but not water for 12- 24 hours (NOT in small young puppies, they should be seen usually)
- Feed boiled chicken with rice in small amounts
- Add Metamucil or pumpkin purée in small amounts to food
- *Can use Imodium liquid if needed at 1 tsp/10 lb every 8-12 hours (DO NOT USE ON – cats, Sheltie, collie, old English sheep dogs)
In case of toxin ingestion use peroxide at the following dose:
- 1 tsp ( 5 ml) for every 10 lb of body weight, can be repeated in 10-15 min if your dog does not vomit.
DO NOT USE IN CATS